May 23, 2007

Thanks to G-Unity



I received a phone call from Nina Biggars at American Idol Camp delivering the news that G-Unity, the foundation established by rapper 50 Cent, will cover the costs for Andrew's stay in New York while he attends the Dance Theatre of Harlem's Summer Intensive. The original offer from DTH was for the tuition only. There was about $1,800 in housing and other costs that needed to be covered.

I'd like to extend a special thank you to Nina for going far above and beyond the call of duty. Everything having to do with DTH is beyond the scope of her work with Idol Camp. I also want to note the generosity of the Idol Camp officials as a whole. Last, but not least, I'd like to thank G-Unity for giving a leg up to a special boy as he reaches for the stars.

I also just received word that the great news about DTH and G-Unity will be announced Monday about 9:20 a.m. on The Today Show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.